Welcome to igniteCS!
We're excited to see the impact you'll have on your community! Here you'll find resources to get your program off to a great start.
Invite your group to the portal
- Tell members of your group to visit https://ignitecs.withgoogle.com/register to register themselves
- They should register as an "individual member", then enter group code from the yellow box.
Starting your program
- Please complete the pre-program survey before you start volunteering. Groups that have 75% pre-survey completion rates or greater within two weeks of their start date will receive volunteer t-shirts.
- Sign up for igniteCS orientation to meet with the Google igniteCS team and kick-off!
- Choose the content track you'd like to use with your community partner. The first person from your group who registered can request a free kit of print materials to help get you started.
- Choose the content track you'd like to use with your community partner, then request a free kit of print materials to help get you started.
- Familiarize yourself with the resources in the welcome kit. Also, browse through the program design resources.
During your program
- Connect with other igniteCS mentors and programs by joining the Slack community.
- Kick off your first session by showing your learners this welcome video.
- Get real world advice from a computer science professional through MentorNet.
- We'd love to hear about your program! Share your photos and videos with us for a chance to have your program featured on the igniteCS website.
- If you didn't receive a kit, print certificates of completion for your learners.
After your program
- Please complete the post-program survey after you finish volunteering. If you complete both the pre- and post-program surveys, you'll receive some Google swag!
- Please complete the post-program survey after you finish volunteering. (The link will be available after your program ends.) If you complete both the pre- and post-program surveys, you'll receive some Google swag!